Table of Contents
Welcome to the Developer Tools for NeuroSky's brainwave reading technology.
MindWave: Download the driver and prerequisite package from the disc or from the developer's website. Install and Connect the device by following the user guide. http://developer.neurosky.com/docs/doku.php?id=mindwave
MindWave Mobile: Pair and connect the device by following the user guide.
*For connecting problems, please check your battery level and refer to the user guide for troubleshooting.
For .Net Developer
- *From Visual Studio, choose File → New → Project From Existing Code…
- Project type: Visual C#
- Project path: ThinkGear SDK for .NET\Sample Project\HelloEEG
- Project name: HelloEEG
- Output type: Console Application
- From toolbar Project → HelloEEG Properties and set Target framework to .NET Framework 3.5
- Right click on Reference from Solution Explorer and choose Add Reference
- Choose “Browse” Tab and add ThinkGear.dll from HelloEEG/neurosky into the project
- Remove Microsoft.CSharp reference if there is a warning
*For VS Express users, unzip HelloEEG_Ex.zip from the project directory. Choose “Open project” and open HelloEEG.csproj.
For details, please refer to thinkgear.net_sdk_dev_guide_and_api_reference.pdf in /ThinkGear SDK for .NET/
For Mac Developer
- From Xcode, choose “Open Other…”.
- Browse through ThinkGear SDK for Mac\Sample Projects\HelloEEG and Open it.
- Import ThinkGear.framework from ThinkGear SDK for Mac/lib into the project.
For details, please refer to mac_development_guide.pdf in /ThinkGear SDK for Mac/
Quick API Reference
|void Connect(string portName)||Attempts to open a connection with the port name specified by portName.|
|void ConnectScan()||Attempts to open a connection to the first Device seen by the Connector.|
|void ConnectScan(string portName)||Same as ConnectScan but scans the port specified by portName first.|
|void Discount()||Closes all open connections.|
|void Disconnect(Connection connection)||Close a specific connection specified by Connection.|
|void Disconnect(Device device)||Close a specific device specified by Device.|
|void Send(string portName, byte[byteToSend)||Send an array of bytes to a specific port.|
|void enableMentalEffort() DEPRECATED||Starts recording data for 60 sec. Once the recording is complete, the Mental Effort will be calculated.|
|void enableFamiliarity() DEPRECATED||Starts recording data for 60 sec. Once the recording is complete, the Familiarity will be calculated.|
|DeviceFound||Occurs when a ThinkGear device is found.|
|DeviceNotFound||Occurs when a ThinkGear device could not be found.|
|DeviceValidating||Occurs right before the connector attempts a special port.|
|DeviceConnected||Occurs when a ThinkGear device is connected.|
|DeviceConnectFail||Occurs when the Connector fails to connect to that port specified.|
|DeviceDisconnected||Occurs when the Connector disconnects from a ThinkGear device.|
|DataReceived||Occurs when data is available from a ThinkGear Device.|
|Dictionary<string, double> Read(DataRow dataRow)||Parses the raw headset data in dataRow and returns a dictionary of usable data.|