This is an old revision of the document!
ThinkGear™ is the technology inside every NeuroSky product or partner product that enables the device to interface with the wearers’ brainwaves. It includes:
- the sensor that touches the forehead,
- the contact and reference points located on the ear pad, and
- the onboard chip that processes all of the data.
Types of data output from ThinkGear chips:
- Raw sampled wave values (128Hz or 512Hz, depending on hardware)
- Signal poor quality metrics
- eSense Attention and Meditation meter values
- EEG band power values for delta, theta, alpha, beta, and gamma
- and more… (some hardware models only)
The ThinkGear technology (as an ASIC or module) is embedded into different types of headsets. NeuroSky currently sells the MindWave Mobile, the MindWave, and the MindSet headsets.
This was our first consumer-developer released headset. It contains a ThinkGear ASIC chip. It streams data from the ThinkGear chip over a Bluetooth connection to any computer that can receive a Bluetooth serial stream (SPP). It also comes with standard Bluetooth A2DP audio and microphone capabilities.