This is an old revision of the document!
Serious Professional Software or Firmware/Microcontroller Developer
If you're a professional developer or serious about making a quality game or application to be sold to the masses eagerly awaiting BCI applications, simply follow the steps below to go all the way from “concept?” to “product!” (bookmark this page as your entry page for reference, and always start on this page or come back to this page after each step!):
- Read the quick little Getting Started sections here on the Web (don't skip this step!):
- Read the Important Concepts sections so that you can begin designing your envisioned application:
- Figure out which API is appropriate for your envisioned application, target platform(s), and programming resources
- Open up the downloaded MDT and read the MDT Development Guide for details about the API you chose in Step 3.
- When you receive your MindSet in the mail, play around with it and its demo software
- Look at some sample code in the MDT and here online for your chosen API, and do some programming
- Browse detailed App Notes exclusive to Developer Support Program customers tailored to special advanced EEG and development topics
- Ask questions to NeuroSky at NeuroSky Support. Developer Support Program customers benefit from guaranteed support response times, personalized responses from knowledgeable NeuroSky engineers, and priority service.
- As your project approaches release, contact our Sales Department to check if special licensing and/or pricing arrangements are available.
- Publish your game/app on the NeuroSky Store, or sell through your own distribution channels!
If all this is too much for the scale of your project, feel free to jump back down to the Casual Developers track, and return here to this track later when you're ready.