This is an old revision of the document!
MindWave and Arduino: Tutorial Version 1 More advanced, more “hacking”
MindWave and Arduino: Tutorial Version 2 Through the computer and ThinkGear Connector This is a summary of a larger project. The core task was to link a MindWave through a computer to an Arduino.
Also useful are these third party examples that could be useful for you:
The solution developed by Puzzlebox consisted of six computer systems, linked over a local wireless network, with four laptops reading data from NeuroSky MindWave EEG headsets and providing a personalized graphical user interface for each user, one system displaying a master control panel to monitor the overall system and provide an emergency manual override, and the sixth acting as a central control server. The control server receives movement commands from each of the client systems and translates those requests into digital signal states on an Arduino prototyping board.
- Concentration is measured and displayed in realtime
- An interface is personalized and presented to each user, with a variable control threshold matched to their individual skill level and task
- When concentration levels reaches that threshold, the progress bar changes color from red to green and the command for the currentlyselected activity is send to the crane through the control server
- Blink detection is performed to permit handsfree swapping between activities
- By selecting the “Stop” command a user can ensure their concentration levels will not accidentally move the crane
- A connection meter indicates device contact quality and signal strength
- Communications to the Arduino hardware can be perform directly, bypassing the control server
- Measurements of user concentration, relaxation, and device contact and signal strength are charted in realtime
- A power meter displays when the user's control threshold is reached
- Raw EEG signals are graphed and displayed on screen ● An EEG source selection option can be directed to a local or remote ThinkGear Connect capable socket server, such as Puzzlebox Synapse
Please refer to code examples linked above to duplicate this project.